Click here to take the CME Evaluation and Post-Meeting Survey
Sanjay Bhagani is a Consultant Physician in Infectious Diseases and HIV Medicine at the Royal Free Hospital, London and an honorary Associate Professor in Infectious Diseases at University College London. He is also the President of the European AIDS Clinical Society (EACS).
The Royal Free Hospital in London is one of the national centers for High Consequence Infectious Diseases and looked after some of the first patients with COVID-19 in the UK. Their High-Level Isolation Unit have looked after imported cases of Ebola, Lassa Fever and Crimean Congo Haemorrhagic Fever.
Sanjay leads the COVID-19 interventional clinical trials team at the Royal Free Hospital. His team have enrolled patients in many national and international clinical trials for hospitalised patients with moderate to severe COVID-19.
He sits on the Expert Advisory Group of the Joint Access Advisory Mechanism for the EU-funded COVID-19 clinical trials, the early-phase Expert Panel of the UK COVID-19 Therapeutics Advisory Panel. The team currently looks after Monkeypox patients needing hospitalization.
At the completion of this educational session, participants will:
1. Be able to describe the MPX epidemic amongst gay, bisexual and MSM communities in the UK.
2. Be aware of the clinical presentation and differential diagnosis of MPX.
3. Understand the natural history and management strategies.
This CME activity has approved for AMA PRA Category 1.5 Credit™
for August 17, 2022, as a live activity.
This activity will also be available as an enduring activity from August 18, 2022, through August 16, 2025.
The target audience is all physicians, NPs and PAs involved or interested in HIV education.
This online video and post-activity evaluation are one hour in length.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Medical Society of the State of New York (MSSNY) and the Physicians’ Research Network (PRN). MSSNY is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Medical Society of the State of New York designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™
. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the evaluation component, enables the participant to earn up to one and a half (1.5) Medical Knowledge MOC points in the American Board of Internal Medicine’s (ABIM) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. Participants will earn MOC points equivalent to the amount of CME credits claimed for the activity. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit participant completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABIM MOC credit.
Policies and standards of the Medical Society of the State of New York and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education require that speakers and planners for continuing medical education activities disclose any relevant financial relationships they may have with commercial interests whose products, devices, or services may be discussed in the content of a CME activity.
- Dr. Braun (Course Director) has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Dr. Valenti (Moderator/Panelist) has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Dr. Sanjay R. Bhagani (Presenter) has had the following personal financial relationships in the past 24 months with manufacturers of the products or services that may be presented in this CME activity: Educational Programs with Gilead; Advisory Boards to Gilead, MSD, Roche, and GSK/ViiV. Dr. Bhagani submitted their slides in advance for adequate peer review and will support their presentation and clinical recommendations with the best available evidence from the medical literature. All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated.
- Dr. Tristan D. McPherson (Panelist) has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Dr. W. David Hardy (Panelist) has had the following personal financial relationships in the past 24 months with manufacturers of the products or services that may be presented in this CME activity: Advisory Board Member to: Gilead, Merck, and GSK/ViiV; Consultant to: Enochian Biosciences. Dr. Hardy submitted their slides in advance for adequate peer review and will support their presentation and clinical recommendations with the best available evidence from the medical literature. All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated.
This PRN CME activity is funded in part by unrestricted educational grants from:
Gilead Sciences; Janssen Therapeutics, a division of Janssen Products, LP; Merck & Co.; and ViiV Healthcare
Click here to take the CME Evaluation and Post-Meeting Evaluation