|CME VIDEO||Top of page|
|How to Obtain CME Credit:||Top of page|
Click here to take the CME Evaluation and Post-Meeting Survey
|About the Presenters:||Top of page|
|Learning Objectives:||Top of page|
1. Be up to date with the epidemiology, clinical presentations, and treatment options for monkeypox in Europe and be familiar with COVID-19 vaccine responses in PLWH and receive an update on recently completed COVID-19 treatment studies.
2. Understand the recent British HIV Association (BHIVA) and European AIDS Clinical Society (EACS) HIV treatment guideline updates and what has been changed around how and when to start antiviral therapy in PLWH.
3. Be aware of newly presented ART trials including long-term follow-up of the START trial, Gilead B/F/TAF registrational trials, TANGO and more recent data from long-acting therapies.
4. Learn about the characteristics and challenges of HIV management in Ukrainian war refugees in Europe.
|CME Information:||Top of page|
This CME activity has approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ for December 14, 2022, as a live activity. This activity will also be available as an enduring activity from December 15, 2022, through December 13, 2025.
The target audience is all physicians, NPs and PAs involved or interested in HIV education.
This online video and post-activity evaluation are one hour in length.
|Accreditation Statement:||Top of page|
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of the Medical Society of the State of New York (MSSNY) and the Physicians’ Research Network (PRN). MSSNY is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Medical Society of the State of New York designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
|ABIM MOC Recognition Statement:||Top of page|
|Disclosure Statement:||Top of page|
- Dr. James F. Braun (Course Director) has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Dr. Joseph P. McGowan (Moderator) has no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Dr. Jürgen Rockstroh (Presenter)has had the following personal financial relationships in the past 24 months with manufacturers of the products or services that may be presented in this CME activity: DSMB Member with: Abivax, and Galapagos; Consultant to: Boehringer; Advisory Board Member to: Merck, Gilead, and ViiV; Speaker at: Merck, Gilead, ViiV, and Theratechnologies. Dr. Rockstroh submitted their slides in advance for adequate peer review and will support their presentation and clinical recommendations with the best available evidence from the medical literature. All relevant financial relationships have been mitigated.
|Financial Support:||Top of page|
This PRN CME activity is funded in part by unrestricted educational grants from:
Gilead Sciences; Janssen Therapeutics, a division of Janssen Products, LP; Merck & Co.; and ViiV Healthcare